Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
|Posted on April 30, 2012 at 6:13 PM|
High Protein Sweet Potato Pancakes
If you have seen my previous posts you'll find I'm a bit of a sweet potato buff when baking, it pretty much goes with anything and everything.
Now I used all natural ingredients to make my pancakes except the casein whey by optimum nutrition because I never had almond milk, I just made mixture to milk consistency. Here is the recipe below
Makes 2 pancakes
• 30g rolled oats
• 2 tablespoons almond milk/casein whey mixed in water to make milk consistency
• 80g sweet potato de skinned and pre steamed for 15 minutes.
• 1 medium egg
• 30g of almond butter (I used meridian)
strawberries, cinnamon, stevia or truvia if you want to keep calories low, or maple syrup.
• Heat and grease griddle (use coconut oil or 1 cal spray)
• Mix first five ingredients in a blender or they will whisk just fine.
• Pour onto griddle and form pancake shape.
• On Medium to low heat, cook slowly and then flip (use a plate if necessary) when the edges are golden brown.
• Cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side
Top with fruit and syrup, and enjoy! Or if you'd like something really crazy you can use as burger buns.
Nutrition information per pancake
Of which sugar – 2.2g
Saturated Fat 0.55g
Categories: Recipes the healthy alternative